RadDecay® is an interactive program for displaying radioactive decay information for any of the radionuclides in the libraries. RadDecay® comes with the standard Nuclide Library of 497 nuclides and three optional libraries (ICRP-107, ICRP-38 and MIRD). Data displayed includes the half-lives, radioactive daughter nuclides, probabilities per decay, and decay product energies for alphas, betas, positrons, electrons, X-rays, and gamma rays. RadDecay® also generates displays, plots, and printouts for composite beta spectrum data.
RadDecay® conducts decay calculations for a single nuclide or a set of nuclides. For a single nuclide, given an initial activity and decay time by the user, RadDecay® will calculate the remaining activity of the nuclide and the activity of its progeny. The decay chain is calculated and displayed for as many as 20 generations. Identical daughter nuclides generated along different branches of the decay chain are alternately combined and displayed. Decay chain and decay curves can be readily displayed and printed. Users can display information by clicking on any nuclide in the displayed decay chain.
RadDecay® also conducts decay calculations for a set of nuclides and generates a summary report for viewing, printing and saving. The user also has the option to set the minimum activity reported. RadDecay® searches its library and reports the corresponding nuclides for photons, alphas, betas, electrons, or positrons within user-defined energy and half-life ranges. Among the improvements and enhancements relative to prior versions are:
- Multiple-nuclide decay calculations, individual set and in batches.
- Choice of units for input and output of multiple-nuclide decay calculations.
- Improved graphics display and printing.
- Improved user interface, ease of operation with shortcuts.
- Ability to copy multi-nuclide decay results to clipboard for importing into spreadsheet and word processing documents.
- Additional three optional nuclide libraries made available (ICRP-107, ICRP-38 and MIRD)
- Expanded and improved search performance.
- Feature to allow user to select desired print font, flexibility in configuration.
- Compatibility with international date formats.
- Modified data structure for improved performance.
- Ability to display data for multiple nuclides.
- Ability to display information about any nuclide displayed in a decay chain.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista®, or XP®
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® Version 7 and above
- Microsoft® .Net Framework 3.5 or above
- For exporting results to Microsoft Excel® and Word®, Microsoft Office® 2003/2007 or newer is required
Download the RadDecay® Product Description here – requires .