Grove Software also provides training for the MicroShield®, RadDecay®, and MicroSkyshine® software applications. We offer several types of training options, including public/open training sessions, private/company specific training as well as instructor led online/web-based training.
For more information on training including options, pricing, and availability, please contact us at email@example.com
Online Training (Instructor Based)
We offer a monthly MicroShield® Fundamentals online training session. This class will provide the fundamentals of running a MicroShield® casefile, including model development, material selection, source term entry, and interpreting dose rate results. Class size is limited and enrollment is on a first come basis.
|MicroShield® Fundamentals||December 11, 2018||Open||MicroShield® Online Training Form|
Public Training Sessions
We have offered public training sessions around the world and schedule sessions based on geographical demand. The current schedule for training includes:
|None scheduled at this time.|
Recently performed training classes include:
|MicroShield®||Argonne, IL||April 2018||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Rockville, Maryland||September 2017||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Manchester, UK||June 2017||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Bristol, UK||June 2017||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Bristol, UK||May 2017||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Oak Harbor, OH||October 2016||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Ontario, Canada||January 2016||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Manitoba, Canada||November 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Ontario, Canada||November 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Toronto, Canada||June 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Richland, WA||February 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Toronto, Canada||February 2015||Completed|
Private Training Sessions
We offer private, custom training sessions based on your users and background. One and two day training class options are available. The one day class will cover the fundamentals of radiation physics and the MicroShield® software including:
- Selecting the optimum geometry to conservatively perform the assessment.
- Selecting materials which provide a balance between as built conditions and data library relevance.
- How to input source terms in a variety of methods to conservatively model the radiation.
- Selecting the best build up material to provide.
- Performing dose assessment and shielding evaluations for exposures in air as well as absorbed doses and dose equivalents.
The two day class covers the fundamentals of fundamentals of radiation physics and the MicroShield® software and also includes detailed explanations of:
- Creating external sources, decaying sources, and importing sources using the External Source Tool.
- Creating and evaluating a custom material using the Custom Material Tool
- Discussion on perform source inference calculations using the Source Interference Tool
- Calculating the time dependent dose rate using the Exposure Rate Tool
More information on the one and two day MicroShield® training classes can be found here: