Grove Software also provides training for the MicroShield®, RadDecay®, and MicroSkyshine® software applications. We offer several types of training options, including public training sessions, private/company specific training as well as instructor lead online/web based training.
For more information on training including options, pricing, and availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have offered public training sessions around the world and can customize the training content to meet the needs of the attendees. The current schedule for training includes:
|MicroShield®||Manchester, UK||June 19-20 2017||Public Session|
|MicroShield®||Bristol, UK||June 2017||Private Session|
Recently performed training classes include:
|MicroShield®||Bristol, UK||May 2017||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Oak Harbor, OH||October 2016||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Ontario, Canada||Jan 26-27, 2016||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Manitoba, Canada||Nov 16-17, 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Ontario, Canada||Nov 5-6, 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Toronto, Canada||June 23-24, 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Richland, WA||Feb 24-25, 2015||Completed|
|MicroShield®||Toronto, Canada||Feb 17-18, 2015||Completed|
The most popular training we provide is for the MicroShield® software. One and two day training class options are available. The one day class will cover the fundamentals of radiation physics and the MicroShield® software including:
- Selecting the optimum geometry to conservatively perform the assessment.
- Selecting materials which provide a balance between as built conditions and data library relevance.
- How to input source terms in a variety of methods to conservatively model the radiation.
- Selecting the best build up material to provide.
- Performing dose assessment and shielding evaluations for exposures in air as well as absorbed doses and dose equivalents.
The two day class covers the fundamentals of fundamentals of radiation physics and the MicroShield® software and also includes detailed explanations of:
- Creating external sources, decaying sources, and importing sources using the External Source Tool.
- Creating and evaluating a custom material using the Custom Material Tool
- Discussion on perform source inference calculations using the Source Interference Tool
- Calculating the time dependent dose rate using the Exposure Rate Tool
More information on the one and two day MicroShield® training classes can be found here: